- When you cancel Hulu , your account will remain active until the end of your payment period, after which you will lose access and no longer be charged.
- You can also pause your Hulu subscription for up to 12 weeks and reactivate it at any time, if you don’t want to cancel it permanently yet.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
The streaming wars are well underway, and if you are thinking of axing some of your subscriptions, you are not alone many users are jumping from one service to another, following their favorite shows.
If you are thinking of pulling the plug on Hulu , one of the more popular subscription-based streaming services for TV shows and movies, here’s how to do it.
How to cancel your Hulu subscription
1. Launch your preferred browser on a computer or mobile device.
2. Go to https://www.hulu.com/ .
3. In the upper right-hand corner, select your name.
Hulu1Meira Gebel/Business Insider
4. On the drop-down menu, scroll and then select “Account” under “Manage Profiles.”
Hulu2Meira Gebel/Business Insider
5. Under the “Your Subscription” section, select “Cancel Your Subscription.”
Hulu3Meira Gebel/Business Insider
7. If you are set on cancelling Hulu permanently, select “Continue to Cancel.”
8. Another window will load and ask you to select a reason for your cancellation. Select one of the bubbles, and then click “Continue to Cancel.”
Hulu4Meira Gebel/Business Insider
9. At this point you may receive a final prompt offering you a two-week, paid subscription or a page that says Hulu is adding shows all the time. Select “Continue to Cancellation” once again or “Cancel Subscription.”
10. Once you’ve cancelled your subscription, you should receive a confirmation email. Your Hulu account will be active until the end of your payment period, which can be found on the Account page.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- ‘Can you watch Hulu on a Nintendo Switch?’: Yes, you can here’s how to set up the Switch’s Hulu app
- You can’t watch Netflix on a Nintendo Switch, but you can watch YouTube and Hulu here’s what you need to know
- How to get Netflix on a PS4 to watch TV shows and movies from your console
- How to cancel a Netflix subscription, however you subscribed to it